Crabmeat Ravigote

For the first Friday in Lent I had a hankerin' to try to make Crabmeat Ravigote (or Crabmeat Maison as it is called at Galatoire's). I tried to develop a recipe in a similar way to what I did for my Remoulade, but it didn't come out quite right, so I made some adjustments to the recipe. If any of y'all try it, let me know how it comes out and what adjustments you think I should make




Here is what I have so far, but I might update it later during lent.

Crabmeat Ravigote
Ingredient
Quantity
Egg Yokes
2
White Taragon Vinegar
2
TabSp
Creole Mustard
1.25
TabSp
Lemon Juice
0.33
TabSp
Olive or Vegetable Oil (not EVOO)
16
TabSp
Drained, Non-pareli Capers
3
TabSp
Chopped Scallions
3
TabSp
Chopped Parsley

TabSp
Minced Bell Pepper
0.5
TabSp
Minced Anchovies
1
TabSp
(optional) Pimento
0.75
TabSp
Tabasco
2
Dashes
Salt and Pepper




1. Place egg yokes, vinegar, Creole Mustard, Lemon Juice, and Tabasco in Mixer Bowl and Mix on fast setting for 2 minutes.
2. While still running, SLOWLY drizzle in oil.
3. Mix in veggies on slow setting. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
4. Fold in Jumbo Lump Crabmeat (shhhh, don't tell anyone I used plain lump) and refrigerate for 3 more hours.



Comments

Popular Posts