Ouefs Côté de Fleuve
I made eggs benedict the other night, with intentions beyond my normal replacing of the canadian bacon in traditional eggs benedict with andouille adding a Colbert Sauce a la' Antoine's Oysters Foch. The sauce I ended up adding wasn't Colbert Sauce though. With the help of my friendCollin a better sauce was derived. The sauce we added is prepared as follows:
- enough andouille for your eggs
- 1/3 cup Sherry
- 2/3 cup tomato sauce
- Creole Seasoning (i.e. Tony's)
- 1/4 cup Hollandaise Sauce
- Heat the andouille in slices (sliced on a boase) in a fry pan.
- Once all of the andouille has been cooked, a fiar amount of detritus/dregs shold remain in the pan.
- Deglaze this "rubbish" with the 1/3 of a cup of sherry.
- Once this mixture begins to cook downs, add the 2/3 of a cup of tomato sauce and the seasonings/spices.
- Cook while occasionally stirring until it reduces by 1/3 to 1/2
- If so desired (to make it more like a traditional Colbert Sauce) let cool then mix into the Hollandaise