New Orleans Swizzle


After sampling a certain cocktail of fairly recent origins in this city, that became quite popular quite popular,  I was instantly smitten. The tropical combination of lime juice, rum, and the "secret ingredient" blended together so intimately that was thus bound to determine how to make one for myself at home. A little research and a few attempts later, I arrived at this:

Fill a Collins glass (pint glass if you don't have a Collins glass) with some ice, then pour in the following.
2 shots of New Orleans Rum (the original uses the white variety, but you have my permission to use the gold type).
½ shot Lime Juice
1 shot Falernum (Fee Brothers can be acquired at Martin Wine Cellar. This is my preferred falernum.)
¼ shot or less grenadine
4-5 dashes Peychaud’s aromatic bitters
Next, mix equal parts with club soda. Stir with a swizzle stick. Enjoy.

Forgive me Adelaide.

Comments

Popular Posts